10.15.2012

vintage embroidered bunting

I finally finished Lola's corner of the bedroom.  I think my favorite color combination of all time is peachy pink and grayish mint.  Ok- so I made up the color names, but still. 

 I love Rifle Paper Co.  I've wanted some of their paper art in my house for a while, but it's a little pricey.  So when I saw this print at Urban Outfitters for a fraction of the price I bought one right away.  I got an open back frame from Michaels, which is cheaper than a regular frame.  I have glass cut at the local hardware store, it's only $5 or so.  I did for this frame, but ended up hanging it without the glass since it's over her crib,  I didn't want to take any chances.

I made the pillow on the pink chair and the crib sheet from (different) vintage sheet sets.  Finally mastered the invisible zipper I think!

My favorite part is the bunting I made from some vintage embroidered linens I had.  My mom and I hoard vintage linens.  There are so many cute things to do with them.  This is a great one if they are in bad shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

little mr moo.
Blog design by LabinaStudio.