2.05.2013

ombre watercolor heart garland

I love decorating the house for Valentine's Day.  It comes at a perfect time to cheer us up since we've taken down our Christmas decorations and it's super cold and dreary out.  A little pop of pink and red in the house really makes me smile.  Last year we went multicolored.  This year....ombre!


I painted four 8x11 sheets of paper with watercolors, some dark, some light.  I painted both sides since I knew the hearts would flip.  I traced hearts on the pages and cut them all out.  That part might have been more fun if I had a heart punch...


I sewed them together from dark to light, which was a little hard because the pink wasn't consistent on both sides of the heart, but it came out pretty close.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

little mr moo.
Blog design by LabinaStudio.